THE REAGAN DIARIES

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

“Whatever happens now I owe my life to God and will try to serve him in every way I can.” President Ronald Reagan penned those words after being released from the hospital when he was shot by John Hinckley Jr. Ronald Reagan is one of my heroes!

I am reading with great interest, The Reagan Diaries. The book, edited by Douglas Brinkley, was a Father’s Day gift. To be interested in this kind of reading you have to have liked Ronald Reagan and be interested in what he was doing day by day while he was President.

I had prayed that George W. Bush would be another President like Reagan. I expected too much. He is not Reagan and therefore cannot be expected to act like him. President Bush is a good man but he does not have the courage that Reagan had. President Reagan spoke softly but carried a big stick. President Bush carries a big stick but speaks softly.
THERE’S A BIG DIFFERENCE!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! From Stockton