BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS

Thursday, May 22, 2008

After a week in Hawaii it’s hard to get back into the swing of things-- like getting over jet-lag, the three hour time difference, having to fix your own meals, kicking the ice cream habit, adjusting to the wind blowing sand in your face instead of water sprays, and a dozen other things. One of the biggest adjustments is to the temperature. However, the weatherman is cooperating a little today. Its overcast, a slight wind is blowing and it’s only in the 80’s.

Now, if I can only adjust to not just laying around on the beach and by the pool and get that crazy lawnmower going—I’ll be alright.

My biggest adjustment of all is going to be trying to kick the Lappert’s ice cream habit. This is my second day of going without it and I’m in withdrawal. It can be frightening and I’m horrified. The closest place for me to get a fix will be Palm Springs or Las Vegas. I don’t think Charlottes going to let me head off for either of those places right now. She will be out of the house for awhile so I’m thinking about pawning something from one of her collections of “stuff” and heading for Vegas!

0 comments: