Keep On Dancin’ #4

Friday, May 16, 2008

Job’s wife said to him, “Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!”
He replied, ‘You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” Job 2:9, 10a

I asked a good friend what he thought life would be like without problems. He said, “I think a person with no problems would be in serious trouble. If you think about it, it’s our problems that provide us with growth opportunities. Relationships within a family without problems would lack depth and the children could not possibly mature into adults without the opportunity to solve many problems.”

Perhaps like me, you have a tendency to want to protect your children from having problems. Yet on a deeper level we must hope that they encounter significant problems in their lives, so that they can become mature people of God.

Lord, I do not want to protect those I love from having to deal with problems. Help me to release my loved ones and their problems to You.

Taken from Tim Hansel’s book
Keep On Dancin’ Daily readings

0 comments: