THIS AND THAT

Friday, May 23, 2008

I went to the Dr. this morning for my regular three month diabetes check up. Bad report. Knew it would be. I ate too much ice cream in Hawaii. To paraphrase the Dr. He said, “Go home, get your act together and come back in a month instead of three.”

Who knew? Yesterday it got down into the low 50’s. Is this Phoenix or did I get off the plane in the wrong city coming home from Hawaii?

There were a lot of unhappy and angry people in our city last night. High School graduation ceremonies all over the valley were planned for outside. When the rain came they were either moved inside where there was not enough room for everybody or they sat out in the down pour. What happened? It hasn’t rain here in May for over five years.
I’m sure that many of those people blaming God and taking His name in vain were the same ones who claimed not to believe in Him until the rain started coming down.

2 comments:

Down on the Farm said...

I just caught up on your blog. Loved the comments about your marvelous trip.

I was diagnosed in April as being pre-diabetic and am fighting it. As few of any kind of carbs as I can make myself do without. Not fun is it? But, guess life is not all about fun and the stomach.
KEEP ON FIGHTING!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Clif,
I have enjoyed looking over your blog this morning (Sat. May 24) I searched on the UCSC motto and hit this post from a year ago. I am a younger minister having only 30 years under my belt, but I also live in Phoenix. I love your list of books and resources. Have you ever considered mentoring a younger minister? If you would be interested, I would like to explore the possibilities. scott at fccphx.com is my email.