SATURDAY SMORGASBORD OF STUFF

Saturday, September 06, 2008

ENCOURAGING WORDS –The only comment I got on my post yesterday contained words of encouragement. I had seen no hope for things changing in Washington. She wrote: “I’ll keep praying if you will…maybe this will be one of God’s “special times” to get things going in the right direction.” Man, how good is that? One of God’s “special times—why didn’t I think of that? Check out her splendid blog at http://www.skirkman.blogspot.com/

SPIRITUAL SUNDAY – Starting on Saturday each week bloggers from all over post spiritual and inspiring words to Spiritual Sundays blog to encourage all readers. You may be one of those readers. I want to encourage you to also become one of the writers. Personal testimonies of God’s movement in your life and the lives of those you know are strengthening to all of us. Go to http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/

YA’LL COME – Thinking about making a trip into Arizona? Well now is the time to start planning for it. Our weather is moving in the right direction. The next seven or eight months will be fantastic. For example: I have been up to the Sedona area when it was so hot I could hardly stand it. But I have also been there feeling the gentle breeze, staring at the snow on the red rock mountains, eating some of the best peach cobbler in the world and thinking I had died and gone to heaven. Get ready for it.

BASEBALL IS GIVING WAY TO FOOTBALL – There is an old song, “Day is dieing in the West…” Well, the Diamondbacks play baseball in the West and things are dieing all around them. But the Cardinals are coming on. They play San Francisco tomorrow. We’ll see what happens. Hang on.

1 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

you're sweet to note my encouragement...
then I have to apologize for moaning on my blog yesterday...trying to laugh at life's inevitable...so much of what my Mom has encountered is now happening to me and I'm "kicking at the goads" a little bit. AAHH, I am human, but for the love of Jesus I have hope.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend...my husband often gets to Arizone, so maybe next time he goes I'll see if I can come enjoy some "red hills and peach cobbler"...I definitely have a love for peaches any way I can get 'em.
: )