TOO SOON CERTAIN

Friday, September 26, 2008

Mad at God? Oh yeah, I have been mad a God plenty of times.

I have prayed "my heart out" and he didn't do or say anything. Not a thing!

Or so it seemed to me!

I knew what was right and what needed to be done. Why didn't he?

LATER--sometimes it has been days, weeks, months or even years, I could see that he was right and I was wrong. I had been too soon certain!

"Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the earth's foundations? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornestone--while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? (Job 38:2-7)

1 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

why is it we always think we're "outthinking" Him?
I've often found myself too soon certain as well...and when I really listen I get all kinds of new information and understanding.