BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

Saturday, December 27, 2008

I know. I know. It's below freezing where you live and you laugh out loud when you read my words, "It's cold outside."

But when it's only 38 degrees at ten in the morning, around here-- we think it's cold!

Last night my wife, daughter and I were over at Julio G's Mexican restaurant trying to break the turkey and dressing habit and I found myself eating the hot salsa trying to stay warm. It didn't seem like there was any heat in the place. Heck, they may not even have any heat. This is Arizona--for crying out loud. We were seated in this wonderful, over sized booth not far from the front door. Every time the big double doors opened, in rushed tons of cold air.

We noticed big, dark, black clouds hovering overhead and I thought, "Where are we"?

In snowed in Cave Creek and North Scottsdale. And although I can't prove this, I feel confident that hell froze over.

Hey, just take my word for it. It's cold outside.

3 comments:

Judith said...

I hope the weather is warmer now for you? hahaha Thank you, too, for popping by my Spiritual Sunday blog and I'm pleased you enjoy the song. take care, Judith

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Oh you have a great sense of humor and a great sense of writing!

Jillian

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This made me laugh! Aren't we who live in FL and AZ spoiled with all our warm weather!! And aren't we whimps when it does get cold!! LOL!

RE: The book you recommended - just want you to know my son-in-law read it, and finished it while they were here visiting! He really liked it too. Thanks for the tip!

Katherine
P.S. - I'll be gone for a week starting Wednesday.