MALL MANIA

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Macy’s one day sale attracted my wife to the mall.


Wanting to support her and protect what little I have in social security, I went with her.


I have shopped with her all over the world—Paris, London, New Delhi. If there were stores there—we shopped.


After a few minutes of shopping my back starts to hurt and I have to sit down. I walked all over the second floor of Macys looking for a chair to sit down in. There was one chair and it was in the lingerie department. It was surrounded, and I do mean surrounded, by panties and bras. I voted no!


I found a nice rest area on the first floor right in front of Macy’s. I had only been there a few minutes when I felt like a non-trucker at a huge Texaco truck stop. Young women driving huge semi strollers begin pulling in. Some seated only one but most of them were more of the huge tractor trailer type and carried a full load. The “trucker moms” were loud and barking out orders that nobody paid any attention to but me.


The truckers had barely left the rest stop when in came the cell-phone, Starbucks addicts group. They were a greater distraction than the “truckers”. I felt like I was an actor in the middle of a soap opera.


The undershirts I bought (the only thing I bought) were too small. They had to be returned. I hated for Charlotte to have to go back to Macys today. I don’t think she will be there too long. My shirts? Me return them? Go back to Macys the Saturday before Christmas?


You have got to be kidding!

5 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

i still have more shopping to do...i'm trying to avoid the mall, however. hope she made it home ok from Macy's

SmilingSally said...

I never shop the week before Christmas!

Kelly said...

I love your descriptions! We were at Walmart today, which was bad enough. I hope not to have to set foot into another store, except maybe a grocery store, before Christmas.

Ms.Daisy said...

I shopped online - I worked too many years in retail to step into a store the week before Christmas and don't even talk to me about the day after! LOL!


~Jean

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This was funny!

I used to love to go out on Christmas Eve, just to get into the hustle and bustle, it's exciting to me! Doubt I'll do that this year - company coming that day, I'll have my own excitement going on here at our house!

Katherine