I SALUTE YOU MR. PRESIDENT

Monday, January 12, 2009

I like George Bush. I like him very much. I have been sorely disappointed with some of his decisions.

It has troubled me greatly because he has refused to stand up for himself.

I watched and listened to him closely today as he held his last press conference.

I learned something.

He is a magnanimous human being. He has the ability to control his emotions and actions in response to indignities done to him. He rejects revenge and rises above anger while in pursuit of more worthy ends.

It takes guts to live your life like that. He said that Jesus was one of his heroes and I believe him. He not only talks about Jesus he walks through life with him.

If it had been my last day with those that had despised me, bullied me, taken advantage of me and written lies about me I would have given them hell. I know that's not the right thing to do, but that's probably what I would have done.

Thank you Mr. President for your magnanimous spirit. Seeing you living like Jesus gives me hope and makes me want to be a better man.

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Well said! I pray that he and Laura will soon find some semblance of peace and privacy in their retirement.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I only saw the last ten or fifteen minutes but I thought it was George at his best.

He already looked like he had the weight of the world off of his shoulders and he was SO funny at times. :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I agree with you Clif. I think George Bush is a remarkable man, not perfect, but remarkable. At the time of 911, I remember he was quite popular for the stand he had taken. My family & I have always admired him and we hope your new man at the helm will prove himself worthy of the title "President".
God Bless America!

Blessings,
Sandi

bp said...

I did not see the press conference but would like to do so.

I pray for the Bush's as he leaves office. I'm thankful he was our leader for this time.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

A very nice tribute to Mr. Bush, it's so refreshing to hear nice things about him. It's such a shame the way he was treated by the media.

Katherine

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

A very nice tribute to Mr. Bush, it's so refreshing to hear nice things about him. It's such a shame the way he was treated by the media.

Katherine

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

A very nice tribute to Mr. Bush, it's so refreshing to hear nice things about him. It's such a shame the way he was treated by the media.

Katherine

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Oh, no! Look what happened!!! LOL! Oh well, at least it posted this time! LOL!

Katherine