BALONEY

Friday, January 30, 2009

You may have noticed that in my description of what I write about in this blog, I stated that one thing I might write about is baloney. Well the truth is that a lot of the stuff I write is "baloney" but I never literally write about the meat product.

Today, I'm more in the baloney mood than the Bible mood.

Growing up in Oklahoma I ate a lot of bologna and listened to a lot of baloney. We loved sandwiches--not the kind you get at Subway, or Jersey Mikes. As a kid I liked to just grab a slice of bologna and bread and run.

As kids, we were also fond of telling someone they were full of baloney which is slang for bunk or hooey. I guess bunk and hooey are slang too. But what do I know? I'm full of baloney.

Today, I rarely eat bologna. More baloney comes out my mouth than goes in.

So today, I guess I'm just kinda full of it--baloney that is, not bologna.

5 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

My Daddy used to say all those too!
I like fried baloney!! and yes, it's not good for me.

...come on by...think you might enjoy my post today
:)

SmilingSally said...

Judge Judy STILL says, "That's baloney!"

bp said...

That made me laugh!!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Cute! I grew up eating baloney too. I still like it, but don't eat it often. Every now and then I have to buy it though. I like it on white bread with either mayo, or Miracle Whip, or mustard. Not so good for us, huh! I also like it fried!

My daddy ate cold baloney and cold weiners for snacks every day and he lived to be 84!

Katherine

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I have always believed that The Bible is a marriage manual.

Before we were married, my husband's bible was a small print King James version that he had used since his teens. One of my wedding gifts to him was a New International Version, Life Application Study Bible, Leather Cover with thumb index and a carry case.

I presented this to him at our rehersal dinner. When he first was opening it, he said, "What's this." I said, "Its a marriage manual." lol

P.S. My dad made fried Bologna.