RULES AND LAWS CANNOT TAKE THE PLACE OF CHARACTER

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today we are struggling with crisis, corruption, and public distrust.

The root cause of this mess is the lack of integrity from those who are suppose to be our leaders.

Albert Einstein said, "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters."

"My life is an indivisible whole, and all my activities run into one another...My life is my message." Mahatma Gandhi

"My life is my message." That's it! That's it! He's right. His life, your life, my life--should be a message of truth--a life of integrity!

How in the name of heaven do we keep electing to office these dishonest crooks who have no integrity at all, who operate without term limits and give themselves pay raises when the rest of us are on the way to the "poor house?"

2 comments:

SmilingSally said...

We continue this decay because a good person cannot remain good and still get elected. Oooo, this sounds so negative, and you KNOW that I'm usually not negative. Now, I'll have to go read a joke so that I can smile again!

Anonymous said...

Yet again "MONEY" is the root of all evil. And I am afraid that is putting it very mildly. I would be happy if we did away with Democrat and Republican Party's -- it is causing people too much grief. God help us all.
Karyl