THE BEST BISCUITS AND GRAVY IN THE UNIVERSE

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

He said, "The 40th Street Cafe has the best biscuits and gravy in the universe."

A blogging friend's husband made this bold statement. No, he hasn't tasted all the biscuits and gravy in the universe. He just doesn't think there could possibly be any better. Maybe he's right.

Since we live close to this cafe, we went to try the best biscuits and gravy in the universe. The gravy was great. The biscuits--not so great, in my opinion.

The 40th Street Cafe has good biscuits and gravy. The best in the universe? Maybe, maybe not.

Since my friend has moved away from the 40th Street Cafe and now lives in the western part of the big valley, I suggest he try the biscuits and gravy at Mike and Rhonda's The Place at 4925 West Bell Road. They also have a restaurant in Flagstaff. This has to be some of the best biscuits and gravy to be found anyplace. (No, I haven't been everyplace!!!)

My wife, when she was a young girl, went to school sick one morning. The teacher asked her what she had for breakfast. She said, "Biscuits and gravy." The teacher said,"My goodness, no wonder you're sick!"

Try the biscuits and gravy at The Place or the 4oth Street Cafe. They won't make you sick.

7 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I wish I liked biscuits and gravy. I guess I'm kinda like the teacher.
Hugs,
Ginger

Cherdecor said...

Biscuits and gravy would make me sick for sure, but I envy those who can eat them. I am gluten intolerant.

Mevely317 said...

Mike n' Rhonda's ....hmmm? 'Tis already on our "to-do" list! Personally, I'm trolling for some great GRITS!

Ms.Daisy said...

I'm sure I've had biscuits and gravy at some point in my life but I guess they didn't make that much of an impression on me! LOL!


~Jean

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

The best biscuits and gravy in the world is at my house!!! Or maybe I should say my sister's house, she makes them better than I do! The secret - we make the gravy with corn meal instead of flour! It's wonderful!! I wish I had some right now, or at least for breakfast tomorrow morning!! I could eat this every day!! (And I would be big as a barn!!)

Katherine
P.S. - Pillsbury Southern Style Biscuits are just about as good as homemade! Let me know if you try our biscuits and gravy!

SmilingSally said...

That's not what I like for breakfast either.

Kelly said...

I like biscuits and gravy. The best we have in our area are found at Bob Evans or The Cracker Barrel.