A NEW DENTAL HYGIENIST

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Every six months I go see my dental hygienist.

Today I was pleased to have a new or different hygienist. The "old" hygienist was crabby and was always giving me a lecture on how to take better care of my teeth.

The new hygienist is not pretty. But she is not ugly. Which isn't real important because I keep my eyes closed most of the time anyhow.

Whether she is pretty or ugly really shouldn't matter--but it does a little. I have found that the ugly ones try to hurt me more. Or does it just seem that way?

The dentist came in. He messed around in my mouth and with my neck. He said, "I don't see anything that indicates cancer." Wow! "I'm glad." I said. I thought to myself, "Where did this come from. I just came in to get my teeth cleaned."

She said, "I'll see you in October." I hope she scheduled me for a simple cleaning and not surgery.

4 comments:

Cherdecor said...

I had a toothache all day today. I need to find a new dentist like tomorrow. They always give me surround the head x-rays for detecting cancer. It is just another way to get 200 bucks and make me feel good.

I am glad that your appointment went well.

SmilingSally said...

That would rock my world!

I see a hygienist every six months AND a periodontist every six months, so I'm getting this scraping and poking every three months!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I get my cleaning next week :-(

No, the ugly ones don't hurt more, you're just more forgiving to the prettier ones! Hee-hee!!

True story -- our dentist is the one who actually diagnosed my husband's cancer, the lymphoma showed up on his gums! Isn't that incredible! I can remember when dentists only worked on the teeth, never noticed anything else!

Katherine

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
That last line really made me chuckle! I would rather a simple cleaning over surgery any day! :)
I go every six months for cleaning and once, many years ago, a dentist told me that I needed to take vitamin B - he could tell by my gums. So dentists really do have special training on detecting other ailments.

~Jean