THE ABILITY TO ADAPT

Thursday, May 07, 2009

We live in a time of change. The is a fact.

Attitude is more important than facts. We have to keep shifting, adjusting, trying to improve our attitudes to fit the changing realities of life.

We once were young. We now are old. We once could run, jump, dance. We now struggle just to creep along. Our bodies change! Prices change. We may lose a job, a loved one, our home--everything. Life changes. It just does. Oh yes, some things do not change and should not change. These are the absolutes.

Flexibility is one of the keys to success in a time of change. Charlotte and I lived in California for over thirty years and then moved to Arizona. We traded the cool, sandy beaches for the hot, sandy desert. We had to adapt! If we had been rigid, we would not have made it here.

We learned that we had to experiment with new philosophies and life-styles. We had to change ourselves and the way we looked at things.

As a preacher I have spent my life telling people how to live. The truth is, most of the time, I have been preaching to myself.

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I'm adapting too--getting ready for a big change.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clif,
I find most days I'm having to adapt to something or other; and it's not always easy for me because I'm a creature of habit. However, I try to keep an open mind. Thanks for sharing with us once more.
I am thrilled to have won the book! Tomorrow is Hubby's birthday and I will let him know about it. Have a wonderful day and thanks once again.

Blessings,
Sandi

Mevely317 said...

Reading your words, I felt like you were talking to me! (Gulp!)
This important reminder ... it's something I needed to see ~ and to save for those days when I just want to play the ostrich and bury my head in the sand!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Good words. I tend to get comfortable and don't want to get out of my comfort zone!

Katherine

Kelly said...

Yes, to many things we must adapt. However, we must be careful to choose, with discernment, what we will adapt to. Some of the things, more now than ever before, that we are asked to adapt to go against God's word, and we must always be sure we are standing strong on God's word and that we are standing up for God's word.