AWARENESS

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"The trouble with most of us isn't active or deliberate wickedness; it's lethargy, absence of caring, lack of involvement in life."

Too many of us are practicing the deadly art of non-living.

We go to bed early, not because we need the rest but because somebody told us we should. Far from burning our candles at both ends, most of us seem to be reluctant even to light a match.

We have so many warnings about what not to do and what might happen that we are afraid to do anything.

The feeling of adventure has gone out of life.

"There's only one answer, really. Each of us must be willing, at least sometimes, to chop wood instead of sitting by the fire."

"Every day, for every one of us, some distant trumpet sounds. But never too faint or too far for our answer to be: "Wait! I'm coming!"

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

So true! As I was reading along, I couldn't help but think of "lukewarmness". It's so non-descript, so bland.

I'm all about adventure, and all about intentional living. I can't imagine not relishing the day, if not the moment.

May we all remain children when it comes to life's wonders and opportunities!

Kathleen

SmilingSally said...

I'm up for adventure!

Karen said...

A good word. Food for thought! I have named your blog on my post today for the Golden Heart award. I appreciate your posts and your kind comments at Lily Valley.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is good! Reading this reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:
"Say yes to experiences, to surprise, to serendipity." (Thomas Kinkade)

That quote has helped me step out of my comfort zone and do something! Of course being married to a real go-getter who can't be still, motivates me to get up and go too! LOL!

Katherine

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
I couldn't agree more. We've been told "you should do this" or "You shouldn't do that" so often that sometimes it is hard to do what we know is best for us.


~Jean