A TRUE STORY OF GRIEF, RESCUE, AND GRACE

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ten years ago, Pam Cope owned a hair salon in the small town of Neosho, Missouri. Her life revolved around her son's baseball games, her daughter's dance lessons, and family trips to places like Disney World. She had never been out of the country, nor had she any desire to travel far from home.

Then, on June 16, 1999, her life changed forever when her fifteen-year-old son Jantsen died from an undiagnosed heart ailment. Drowning in sadness and needing to get as far away from her loss as possible, she accepted a friend's invitation to visit orphanages in Vietnam. From the moment she arrived, everything began to shift. By the time she returned home, she had a mission: to use her pain to change the world, one small step at a time, one child at a time.

I want to tell you the rest of Pam's inspiring story, and will if you return to my blog on Monday. I want all of you to know her story because it will inspire you and draw you closer to the heart of God. I will be giving away five copies of her new book, Jantsen's Gift. I wish I could give away five dozen. No--five hundred!!

12 comments:

Bab's Kitchen said...

Cliff, I want that Book!

Saleslady371 said...

This sounds like a wonderful story of courage rather than self pity!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clif,
Sounds like a book I'd like to read! I'll be back!!

Blessings,
Sandi

tamlovesran said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. What type of Christian music do you like?
I'll be back on Monday to read the rest of Pam's story.

Blessings,
Tammy

God Chaser said...

You are such a blessings. Thanks

Melly said...

I'm looking forward to Monday!
Thanks Cliff!
Melly:)

Lisa said...

What a testimony! Can't wait to hear more!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I will look forward to Monday!
Ginger

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Thank you for your generous spirit and feeding others. Luanne

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
Sounds like a wonderful testimony...I will be back tomorrow!



~Jean

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fabulous story of inspiration! I will definitely stop in again tomorrow to read about her story.
Kathy

SmilingSally said...

From heartaches comes love.