CELEBRATING CHILIES

Friday, June 19, 2009



Do you like chilies? No? Well, many people do. And many of those people live here in Arizona and our neighboring New Mexico. I want to tell you about three festivals that will be taking place over in beautiful New Mexico just in case you may be traveling to the Southwest in September.

HATCH VALLEY CHILE FESTIVAL - This exciting festival takes place on Labor Day weekend. Check out this video.  http://www.hatchchilefest.com/  You will find this interesting even if you are not a Chile lover.

SANTA FE WINE & CHILE FESTIVAL - This great festival is September 23-27 this year. Look at this site and advertisement and see if you might be interested. Santa Fe is one of my favorite cities to visit. http://www.santafewineandchile.org/index.php

THE WHOLE ENCHILADA FIESTA - September 25,26,27 are the big days for this big fiesta. It is in Las Cruces. Take the time to view this site. http://enchiladafiesta.com/

Well there you have it. A whole lot of wine and chilies. Are you going to be in the area in September? I know. This is a far cry from the ice cold watermelon I wrote about a few days ago. But oh so good!

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Road trip! I'm marking this on my calendar right now!!!!!!!
In spite being right "next door", I've not been able to find any chilis in Arizona that come close to NM hatch variety.
Growing up just outside Santa Fe, perhaps my taste buds grew calloused at an early age!?

Thanks for these pointers, Clif!
Have a great day :)

SmilingSally said...

I love Mexican food, but I don't drink any alcohol.

Karen said...

Mother loved hot peppers! I have never liked hot and spicy foods though. I guess I'll take another slice of watermelon!!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nope, not a hot spice lover! Sweet and mellow for me!

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Father's Day, Clif! I know you were a wonderful father, and a good shepherd of your church flock.

Katherine

bp said...

We had a conversation about chilies during our trip to NM when we had a Navajo taco!