HALF A BRAIN

Friday, June 05, 2009

Anyone with half a brain knows that decisions have consequences.


Galatians 6:7 says, "...What a person plants he will harvest."

And yet we continue to blunder along making the same crappy mistakes over and over.

We don't go down the road we know is right. We go down the one we think will make us happy.

*Young couples want financial security and yet spend money like it is going out of style.

*High school students want good grades and be able to get into college but fail to study.

*We say we want to grow spiritually but we never pray, read the Bible or go to church.

*We never  discipline our children but expect them to be well behaved.

If I hear one more person say, "I don't know how I got into this mess," I think I'll scream.

I may scream, "Damn it look at the road you've been on. Where did you think it would lead?"

Anyone with half a brain knows that you reap what you sow.

5 comments:

Loren said...

Amen Clif!

Looking within seems to be quite a task these days. Consequences are something that people just don't like to hold to either. As people and as parents we all need to know the the Lord DISCIPLINES those He loves and gives us BOUNDARIES and GUIDELINES bc He wants the best for us. The world says we OWE OURSELVES but it leads us no where ~ rebellious, irresponsible and right where you said questioning "How did we get here?"

What a powerful post! Thanks!

p.s. I ordered Andy Stanleys book yesterday and look forward to starting it with my family!

Blessings to you this weekend :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Too bad "they" couldn't have read Andy Stanley's book! I haven't read it either. If he is anything like his dad, he is very good at teaching and writing!

Katherine

SmilingSally said...

I had a lady tell me after her 16 year old son was sent to prison/jail, "I'll leave it up to God." I had the nerve to ask her why she didn't include God 16 years earlier!

Bab's Kitchen said...

It's easier to blame the devil! The devil made me do it, I am not responsable.

Cherdecor said...

I know what you are saying, but then again, all of us make wrong decisions once in a while. I have thought that I would probably make more wrong decisions if I were in a different situation. If I had been born into a different family, country, or religion. I think it is only by God's mercy that I do anything right. It is not me that is right, it is God's spirit in me that leads me to right.

Hey, I finally got my head together and posted about the book give a way. I cannot believe that it has taken me this long.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Cheryl