TELL ME A STORY

Monday, June 15, 2009

It's better than ice cold watermelon or ice cream in the summer.

Everybody loves a good story.

How many times have you heard your kids say, "Tell it again."?

I have lost track of the number of times I have sat glued to the television screen watching re-runs of Gone With The Wind, Top Gun, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, and many other old movies. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good story.

I love to read the Bible. It's God's story.

You have a story. I have a story. We all have stories.

That's what's going on everyday on our blogs. We are telling our stories.

Does anybody care? Sure they do. I certainly do! That's why I come back day after day.

I COME FOR THE STORY. PLEASE TELL IT.

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Sometimes I'm concerned that I'm boring people, and I hesitate to tell my story.

Ms.Daisy said...

I love stories - in books, in movies, on television and, especially, in person. My Dad was a wonderful storyteller and I miss those special times.
Clif, come on by - I received the book and wanted to tell everone about it!

~Jean

Loren said...

Clif,

today my story is Sad. My dad finally received the news. Lung Cancer. I know God is with all of us during this difficult time but it is still hard!!!!

I received your book today and wanted to thankyou! I can see Gods hand even in that. A book about grief, tragic loss, and overcoming it all! WOW! I will be blogging about this but wanted to personally tell you thank you so very much!

Blessings to you my friend!

Warren Baldwin said...

Yes, we have stories to tell, and we have stories we need to hear. Isn't it amazing how blogging is doing that for so many people.

I found your site through Loren's, and I noticed she mentioned a book in her comments. Have you written a book?

wb

bp said...

What a great post!

We are home. I wrote about the trip and put some pictures too. I'm still getting caught up on things, wanted to stop by and say hello!

God bless,
Bethany