CHRISTIANITY--NOT COMMUNISM

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I want to follow the Christian way, not the Communist way.

"And all the believers met together constantly and shared everything they had. They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with those in need." Acts 2:44-45

I want to share with those I determine to be in need. I want to decide who, when and how much.
And that is what I do. Our church gives to needy members, people in our community and worldwide. We trust our church elders with these decisions. And in addition to this, my wife and I give to other charitable organizations and to needy friends and relatives.

We do not want or need the government telling us to "spread the wealth around" to those they deem worthy.

I don't need the government making laws forcing me to treat people right. The Bible tells me how to treat others and I follow the teaching of the Scriptures because I want to.

8 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Preach on, Clif; I agree!

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

When people start following in the ways of the world it will never work out. Yet if we follow God's guide, we can never fail.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

Amen Clif!

The Lord will lead and guide us when where and how we are to give and HE also LOVES when we give out of a cheerful/willing heart not because we are told to :)

blessings

Mary said...

You are so right! That is the Christian way, and Christians have always done been concerned for the needy and poor. God Himself gave us freedom to choose...now there are people that seem to think they are wiser than God.

Loren said...

I just wanted to let you know I posted my winnings today :)

thankyou so very much again!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

AMEN!

Mevely317 said...

This is so true ... we sure don't need a another, modern-day Robin Hood!

BTW, after your review, I picked up a copy of "I Hate People" at the library last week. You're right, the title is rather off-putting; not something I'd like to be seen reading! Now maybe it's valuable for a young person just enterting a dog-eat-dog workplace, but my take is, the author's just found a new (novel) way of reinventing the wheel.

G'evening,
Myra

Daveda said...

The Spirit always guides us to be lined up and rested in Jesus. Amen! If we are one with Him giving to others will be a desire and we will enjoy it :)