GOD BLESS AMERICA

Friday, September 11, 2009


I had just finished a breakfast of hash browns and sausage. I was sitting in front of the television set with a cup of hot coffee in my hand when she came out the front door of her house.

She put down a small step stool. It was too small. She went back in and came out with a taller stool with no steps. It looked dangerous. She stepped onto the step stool and then up onto the tall stool. She hung an American flag!
Her son came out the front door, kissed her on the cheek and walked off toward the High School two blocks away.

I SMILED.

From the television I could hear the voice of Megyn Kelly talking about what happened on this date (9/11) eight years ago.

I'm proud to be an American. I'm thankful to be an American.

Today, I'm going to try not to think about all the liberals and Hollywood types that tell us what a mean, rotten, country this is.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

6 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Good post,thank-you.
Ginger

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

Not only well said, but we too did the very same thing and hung our flag today to remind me to remember and not forget.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

RCUBEs said...

What a beautiful picture of what America is all about - FREEDOM! And same thing with our Lord - FREEDOM!
Blessings to you.

SmilingSally said...

I put up a remembrance on my book blog.

Jennsmere said...

Absolutely! There is much to be thankful for in America. We must not let those loud voices who are crying for change, drown out the thankfulness of free hearts.

Be blessed,
Susan

Mary said...

I missed this post, but if you happen to notice that there's one more comment, just want to say that I'm standing with you on this one...proud to be an American, and thankful to God that we are free. We kept our flag out from Friday til Monday. We have a neighboring city that is quite small, actually, its a town and not a city. They had a small flag out on the front lawn of the fire department, representing each firefighter that lost their life on 9/11. I meant to go back and take a picture, but unfortunately, I didn't. Next year, I will.

God bless,
Mary