THIS AND THAT

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

DIABETES CHECKUP: "Would you like to get your flu shot today?"
"No."
I talked to my Dr. for a few minutes.
I left with a flu shot.

THOSE GREEN BANDS: The lady at McDonalds asked, "What's up with those green bands." I turned around and saw that the man standing behind me was wearing a green band around his arm too. I said, "I had blood drawn this morning." The man standing behind me said, "Me too." Go figure!

BOOKS: Here a book, there a book, everywhere a book. I've got books all over the place. Everyplace I go around our house I see books. There was a time when I could only read one book at a time. Not anymore. Now I usually have two or three going at the same time. I surprise myself that I am able to pick up a book and start right into reading without being confused by having just put another book down.

LIBERALS: The reasoning of liberals is going to drive me to despair. If I fail to post anything for several days check with the insane asylum. I will be there.

WANT TO HEAR A JOKE?: The weather person says a cold front is moving into the Phoenix area.

6 comments:

Loren said...

:)

thanks for the smile today

blessings to you

Cherdecor said...

I am glad you got your flu shot. I got mine. I also got a shot for the shingles. I try to cover all the bases. Stay warm!

bp said...

My husband wonders how I can have multiple books started at the same time too.

I have found that since I am listening to an audio book as I do some house work (Karen Kingsbury's Take One, I'll post the review in a few days) I read other books with the voices of those characters from the CD.

Mary said...

Love your post...it made me chuckle. I really relate to your comment about lberals..all I hear is angry gobblygook. I'm praying for them...and for me, so I don't totally lose it.

God bless,
Mary

Saleslady371 said...

Yeah, a cold front to us in AZ is like a heat wave to the rest. You must be a fast reader to accomplish so much. I've noticed that the liberals have a double standard; that's what I dislike.

SmilingSally said...

I'm glad you got your flu shot; I've yet to get mine!