HOME FROM NEW ENGLAND

Tuesday, November 03, 2009




Charlotte, our daughter, Carol and I arrived back at Sky Harbor Airport, Phoenix yesterday afternoon around 1:20.

We had a wonderful time on our trip to New England.

Carol went to Boston earlier than we did and spent a week at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in Cambridge.

The day Charlotte and I arrived on the Harvard campus we "lost" our way into Spangler Hall at the Graduate School of Business and had a wonderful meal in their excellent cafeteria. There were long lines of students at every food center accept where the "comfort food" was. Guess where we headed.

Charlotte and I spent one day touring Boston and soaking up all the history, food and fun.

After her week of school Carol joined us. We then drove up through the glorious back roads of New Hampshire "soaking in" all the beautiful fall foliage. It was spectacular. The rugged coastline and smooth beaches were awesome. We absolutely loved the small town atmosphere on a Saturday afternoon. We drove all the way to the lovely state of Maine. Another day we drove down to Plymouth and Cape Cod. We ate a wonderful sea food lunch while looking out on the bay and thinking about the pilgrims. We took pictures of Plymouth rock and a replica of the Mayflower.

After visiting the John F. Kennedy Memorial library and all the historical sites in Boston I am back home dusting off some of my history books.

I have books to read and review that I must get to and then I look forward to posting in detail about our exciting trip. If you haven't been to New England, I hope you get to go some day.

But, like you, I love where I live and I'm glad to be home. I hope you are too!

8 comments:

bp said...

I hope I get to go there some day! Glad you had a nice trip.

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I can only imagine just how beautiful all the trees must have been while you were there. Great memories to be treasured for a lifetime.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

RCUBEs said...

That must be awesome to see all those Fall colors. Glad that you both have a wonderful time...Blessings.

Cheptoek said...

Glad you had a lovely trip. Look forward to the book reviews

Loren said...

Clif,

We were able to take the kids to Boston for a week in October a few years back and it was HEAVENLY! The colors, the history, the architecture is unbelievable!

I am glad you all had such a wonderful time ~ you and Clara were missed!! ALOT :)

Mevely317 said...

As my mom used to say, "Lucky Ducks!"
'Happy to read the smiles in your "voice" here, Clif ... you were missed!

Myra

Mary said...

So happy for you, Charlotte, and Carol..this must have been wonderful for all of you!

I've heard New England is gorgeous, and I would love to see it someday. But I know how it is to come home, too!

God bless,
Mary

Saleslady371 said...

One of my favorite vacations was Rhode Island 2 years ago to visit the kids and they took us to Boston. I loved the history. Your pics are great!