CHRISTMAS IN THE DESERT

Wednesday, December 09, 2009


We have a silly little sign in front of our house that says, "Let It Snow."

Well it is snowing in the "high country" of Arizona--up around Flagstaff. But not in Phoenix.

We decorate our houses, inside and out. The malls are decked out and Santa Claus is there.

Some people even put Christmas lights on their cacti.

It's even cooler today. It's cloudy and the high temperature is going to be around 58.

But that won't last. Most of the days in December will probably be warmer and the sun will be shining.

If you lived here would you be calling your "folks" in the Mid-West singing, "I'll Have A Blue Christmas, I know dear..."?

Well, what do you think?  Could you get into the "Christmas spirit" in a place like this?


8 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

You just never know when old Jack Frost will creep up and give you a dusting of the magic stuff! We just got our dusting on Monday in the last storm and even though they are calling for more rain tomorrow we aren't supposed to see any snow with that one. But it sure is cold out!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I think I could get into the Christmas spirit anywhere. But...it wouldn't be the same without the snow. Speaking of which...we are getting dumped on as I type.

SmilingSally said...

We're enjoying 80º here, Clif. Having been raised in Maryland, I'd never encourage snow!

Saleslady371 said...

Hi, Clif!
It's been raining here in the Verde Valley and it's cold but there's wood in the wood-burning stove! Was in Sedona yesterday and the mountains were beautifully brushed with snow!

Mary said...

Hi Clif,

We actually got snow on Monday...I couldn't believe it...I posted pictures today...I truly do love the look of snow, but I don't like cold, so this was perfect. I did see a service vehicle the other day, I think it was a cable van, and the guy had strung lights around the top and put a wreath on the grill...it was great...there's a guy with the Christmas spirit!

My brothers live an hour north of Phoenix, and they are using their fireplaces! Must be cooling down alot!

God bless,
Mary

Cheptoek said...

I love that yawney, relaxed, content face with outstretched arms. Looking so relaxed and seemingly full of some secret joy!

whidbeywoman said...

Hi Clif, Thanks for visiting my blog. My mom has a winter place in Surprise. It IS nice down there! I usually visit in early spring, when we are sick of the rain up here. I may consider becoming a "snowbird" myself!

SuperMom said...

A little late I know, but I live in Northern Utah and I have to say that Christmas would just be so bland without the snow covered mountains and Jack-Frost nipping at my nose.