Thursday, April 30, 2009
BOOK REVIEW--HOW I GOT TO BE WHOEVER IT IS I AM BY CHARLES GRODIN
Charles Grodin shares backstage stories from his performances in Same Time, Next Year and other plays, and movies like The Heartbreak Kid and Midnight Run. He also reveals what it was like to work with icons such as Robert DeNiro, Dustin Hoffman, Johnny Carson, Orson Welles, Warren Beatty, Robert Redford, Gene Wilder and many other actors, directors, producers, and journalists.
As the host of his award-winning talk show and as a commentator for 60 Minutes ll he interviewed extraordinary and renowned men and women. In and through his relentless advocacy, he has been instrumental in the reform of New York drug laws and the granting of clemency to nearly one thousand people.
Grodin tells many interesting stories and makes you glad that he took you on his journey. I recommend this as a book to read on a plane trip, when waiting for an appointment or anytime that you just want to read for a while. The book is made up of about sixty short stories--all very interesting.
WIN A COPY OF THIS BOOK
- The generous folks at Hachette Book Group are allowing me to host this book giveaway for five (5) copies!
- Winners are restricted to the US and Canada. No PO Box mailing address please. You do not have to be a blogger to win.
- I must have a way of contacting you, so be sure to leave your email address in your comment.
- Some choose to omit the @ sign and the . dot by writing it in "code" like this: you (at) your email (dot)com.
- I'll close the comments May 7 and pick the five winners. I will contact the winners via email to get their mailing information. The winners will have three days to respond. If I do not hear from them within three days, I will select another winner(s).