BENEFITS OF TAI CHI

Friday, February 19, 2010

The ancient art of Tai Chi uses gentle flowing movements to reduce the stress of today's busy lifestyles and improve health.

I have enjoyed and profited from my first five weeks of Tai Chi. There is a new phase that begins every ten weeks. It will dismiss in the summer and then continue in the fall. In January I can begin all over again. I will continue as long as I am enjoying and profiting from it.

I have been asked by blogging friends to let them know how I feel about Tai Chi. I like it very much and recommend it especially for people my age.

After five weeks I do not know enough to tell you all the benefits of Tai Chi but the Mayo Clinic does. They write that it is good for:

*Reducing anxiety and depression.

*Improving sleep quality.

*Lowering blood pressure.

*Improving cardiovascular fitness in older adults.

*Relieving chronic pain.

*Increasing energy, endurance and agility.

*Improving overall feelings of well being.

I report. You decide.

2 comments:

Cheptoek said...

Thank you for your thoughts on Tai Chi. I will definitely look into it.

Joe Todd said...

Several years ago I took a "course" in Tai Chi and enjoyed it very much. Might be time to do again. Glad to meet you