DEPENDENCE ON OTHERS

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Say Thank You!

This time of the year, close to Thanksgiving Day we tend to be more grateful. That's good.

We need to be thankful every day. And one thing we need to acknowledge is our dependence on others. As I look back over my life there are so many that I have depended on and am grateful for. How about you?


From the moment we come into this world until they unplug us from the machines and monitors in the intensive care unit, we depend on others.

How many things have you accomplished completely on your own? 


One of our problems, it seems to me, is our sense of entitlement. We feel we deserve the blessings of life. And when things don't work out we feel cheated.

When we understand that all of life is a gift it changes our perspective.


Pause for just a moment and think of all the ways you are dependent on others. 

So often I begin my prayers with confession and asking for forgiveness. What I need to do is to begin with a prayer of thanksgiving. When I do express gratitude things just keep coming to mind. It's hard to stop, but good.


Regardless of how bad things are there is always something and somebody to give thanks for.

11 comments:

Virginia said...

Wonderful post...so true.
Every day is a day of thanksgiving.
Much Blessings,
Virginia

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clif,
Having a thankful heart can make all the difference in how one views the world around him. And an attitude of gratitude can take one a long way! Thank you for your post. You're so right in everything you wrote. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and insight with us. Such a blessing! Have a wonderful holiday.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

love the cartoon and I'm thankful for sooo much...for Him...for life...my family...friends in my corner...that He never gave up on me...Happy Thanksgiving Cliff...☺

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Thanks for the cartoon. When I taught I always used Charlie Brown in my classroom. He demonstrated such good "life" lessons for the children.

So true, there is always something and someone to be thankful for.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving week,
Annette

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Amen and AMEN! :)

Some of my favorite life "mentors" include Corrie ten Boom and Joni Eareckson Tada. When I start to feel sorry for myself, they are excellent reminders of all God can accomplish when we fully surrender ourselves to Him - no matter what the circumstances!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving! :)

Karen said...

Amen, Preach it! You and Charlotte have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Debbie said...

AMEN to this for sure. We can find the blessings everywhere no matter the circumstances if we but look. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. BLESSINGS, Debbie

LivingSoAbundantly said...

You are right. Thank you! :)

Donnie said...

That was such a lovely message. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I am so thankful for so many things. I thank the Lord daily for all of my blessing small to big.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Ginger