THE MORNING AFTER

Friday, November 26, 2010

Our neighbor across the street and a relative just came home from shopping with many, many bags. Going out in the wee hours of the morning after Thanksgiving to stand in long lines for a few bargains is not my "cup of tea." But some love it and I say, "More power to them."

I chose to sleep in a little longer than usual and got up to a breakfast of ham and eggs and sat around reading the newspaper and watching the news on television. The early shoppers would ask, "Where is your spirit of adventure old man?"

A friend of mine will be out with her chickens as soon as it warms up a little more. We had a cold night here in the desert. About the only thing I want to do with chickens is to eat their eggs if they lay eggs--or the chickens themselves if they are the right kind.

People come in all shapes and sizes with different mindsets and interests. I'm glad. What a boring world this would be if everyone was like you---I mean me!

The day before Thanksgiving I posted a prayer of thanksgiving for others. Here it is the morning after Thanksgiving and I am still thankful for people.

Hey, that's all we got. Just people. You, me and all those others.

4 comments:

MTJ said...

Hi Cliff,

What a lonely world this would be without people. I like this thought of thanking God for people; instead of things.

This morning in prayer, it is people I thank God for as well.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

ibbynina said...

I agree, Clif! Justin had to wake me up at 8 this morning... I had a triptophan situation happening...
Happily, there is nothing out there that gets me excited enough to lose sleep for it! (Please don't grade my grammer - that was really awful, but I'm too tired to figure out the proper way to say it gooder.) :)
Have a happy weekend relaxing with the paper!

Anonymous said...

This is your happy chicken friend :-) A very good day was had down here in my desert. Just me and my chickens. I could see my family across the acres here and there and that was good. Several hours of celebrating and giving thanks on Thursday was good enough for us and staying home on Friday was once again a good enough.

Keep writing friend. I enjoy what you have to say.

Anonymous said...

Hi Clif, This really made me smile. I am thankful for people, too... like you, Charlotte and others I've met through Spiritual Sundays. And no, I haven't been shopping either! I did that Black Friday thing once and swore I'd never do it again. Love and peace to you.