Friday, December 28, 2012
ALL TO JESUS--A Year of Devotions by Robert J. Morgan is a splendid book I received as a Christmas gift.
The first entry in the book for Day 1 tells about missionary Amy Carmichael attending a meeting featuring the renowned preacher Dr. Andrew Bonar. He was very old and could not speak very plainly or strongly. She was near the back and could not catch a word he said except the word all. He read 2 Corinthians 9:8 and strongly emphasized the word all. She said she heard and forgot thousands of great sermons, but that all she never forgot.
Robert Morgan wants his readers to know that the words God is able is a divine promise that is mentioned over and over in the Bible:
* He is able to establish us (Rom. 16:25).
* He is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or think (Eph. 3:20).
* He is able to keep what we have committed to Him (2 Tim. 1:12).
* He is able to aid us in temptation (Heb. 2:18).
* He is able to keep us from falling (Jude 24).
* He is able to deliver us (Dan. 3:17).
* And He is able to make all grace abound to us in all ways at all times for all things.
(ALL TO JESUS --A Year of Devotions by Robert J. Morgan, best-selling author of Then Sings My Soul).