"THY WILL BE DONE"

Monday, November 03, 2008

As Christians we should always want the will of God to be done.

But does this mean we should not ask God to do what we want?

Absolutely not!

We are taught in the Scriptures to ask Him for what we want, even though He already knows what we want and most importantly He knows what we need and what is best for us.

I have gathered around sick beds praying for the ill and dieing when the prayers all seemed so “humble” in saying, “Not my will but thine be done,” that it sounded like we didn’t really believe God would or could heal and we were making a way of escape for Him and for ourselves. This must have been discouraging both to the ill and to God.

We need to go “boldly” to the throne of grace and ask God for what we want-- always and I mean always, wanting His will to be done even if we do not voice those exact words.

FATHER IN HEAVEN I WANT JOHN MCCAIN TO BE ELECTED PRESIDENT!

5 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

i'm with ya!!!

Anonymous said...

. . and me too!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I agree with you, and your prayer!!!

I WANT JOHN MCCAIN TO WIN TOO!!

Your words were very encouraging to me tonight!

Katherine
Power or Prayer blog

Debbie said...

Hi Cliff - I had to tell you I was there at 6:30 am to vote this morning (before work); along with about 75 more early voters - I guess we all thought we would get the first spot in line- HA! But the good part is - being here in NC and we are supposedly a swing state right now - there were almost ALL McCain Palin voters - YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! Hope by tonight we see some great numbers for those two - & are able to declare them clear and decisive WINNERS!!! :) :) :)
Debbie

Kelly said...

I completely agree. I am glad to hear you sat this because I really want McCain to win, too, but I do want God's will because I know He knows what's best.

I found your blog through Coffe, Tea and Books. I like it a lot. I'll be visiting regularly.