MY CHILDREN'S MOTHER

Friday, May 06, 2011

Mother! My mother passed away when I was just a child. I loved her dearly and have missed her over these many years. But today, as I think of Sunday and Mother's Day, I want to post not about my mother but about my wife, the mother of my children.  She is everything a wife and mother should be. 

Motherhood is a mysterious, powerful, wonderful thing. God is so good! I like the following words from Jon Walker (Grace Creates Devotional, May 6, 2011) "Wow! the God who spoke the world into existence also spoke me into my mother's womb!"

I am happy to join with my children in honoring their mother.

MOTHER

For such as you, I do believe,
Spirits their softest carpets weave,
And spread them out with gracious hand
Wherever you walk, wherever you stand.

For such as you, of scent and dew
Spirits their rarest nectar brew,
And where you sit and where you sup
Pour beauty's elixir in your cup.

For all day long, like other folk,
You bear the burden, wear the yoke,
And yet when I look into your eyes at eve
You are lovelier than ever, I do believe.

                                                                                         Herman Hagedorn

9 comments:

michelle said...

what a beautiful tribute to your wife!

Mevely317 said...

Simply ....beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

What a beautiful tribute to your wife.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

MTJ said...

Hi Clif,

Thank you for sharing a wonderful tribute to the mother of your children. Mothers are wives, daughters, and sisters; may we always value the love and life they live before us.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely tribute. I hope you and Charlotte have a wonderful weekend. God bless you both!

bp said...

I enjoyed reading your sweet tribute! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Bethany

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

OH~~~This is so sweet!I have to agree with you. I agree with you Charlotte is a wonderful wife and mother. She has a beautiful grace about her.
Blessings,
Ginger

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK said...

What a sweet tribute to your sweet wife! And to your beloved mom. A lovely visit for this Mother's Day Spiritual Sunday.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I've known Charlotte only via the internet...but I think she's awesome....great tribute....