CROSS ROADS REFLECTIONS

Friday, October 18, 2013




CROSS ROADS REFLECTIONS
Inspiration for Every Day of the Year
by WM. Paul Young

OVERVIEW: This 365-day devotional contains meaningful quotes from Cross Roads along with insightful and thought-provoking prayers written by the author, WM. Paul Young, who also wrote the phenomenal bestseller, The Shack. It is designed to inspire, encourage, and uplift you every day of the year. (From the back of the book.)

AUTHOR: William P. Young was born a Canadian and along with three younger siblings was raised among a stone-age tribe by his missionary parents in the highlands of what was New Guinea (West Papua). The family returned to Canada where his father pastored a number of churches for various denominations. By the time he entered Canadian Bible College, Paul had attended a dozen schools. He competed his undergraduate degree in Religion at Warner Pacific College in Portland, Oregon. He also attended seminary in Oregon.

MY REVIEW: I tried―I really did. But I just could not like this book. I'm sorry. I don't like to be negative about a book, and rarely am. But this time, being honest I cannot recommend that you purchase Cross Roads Reflections. I read some of the reflections over and over and still could not understand the point being made or receive the inspiration I thought I should. Maybe you can. That's why I'm going to recommend that you go the book store and read a few of the reflections for yourself.

I have been reviewing books for several years and most of the time, because I have carefully selected the books I review, I end up liking the books I read. I recommend most of the books I review. In fact, I get concerned that some may doubt my reviews because every book can't be a winner. But I give an honest review and don't always rate books the same. Some are excellent, and others are just good. Not great, but good.

So I say in closing this review, I wish I could recommend this book. But I can't. I wish I could tell you what it is about. But I can't. I feel like a book that is suppose to provide inspiration for every day should be easily understood by the common man or woman. I don't think a philosopher or theologian can grasp what this author is getting at. I read and recommended Young's book, The Shack. I didn't find it easy reading but I did understand and appreciate it. The bottom line of this review is: Look the book over and decide for yourself. Books are expensive and when you purchase one I want it to be one that you will be pleased with.

( I received this book from Hachette Book Group in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own.)

0 comments: