A SUMMER SUNDAY IN SCOTTSDALE

Monday, September 08, 2014


We began with "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" and then we went on to "We Will Glorify," "Jesus, What a Friend for Sinners," "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus," "Great Is Thy Faithfulness," and "You are My All In All."

All songs praising Jesus. Songs that I know well and love.

The powerful, encouraging message directly from the Scriptures was about listening to Jesus.

The service closed with communion.

I walked out into the morning sun feeling energized, refreshed and closer to God.

Lunch with two of my favorite women was an Italian Beef sandwich with sweet peppers.

Instead of jumping on the freeway to head home I said, "I'm not going that way today we have a tank full of gas and we are not in a hurry." We slowly meandered through a beautiful neighborhood. Charlotte said, "This is a nice drive." We didn't get home nearly as soon as we would have if we had gone on the freeway but we were more relaxed and in good spirit.

We watched some of the Diamondbacks/Dodgers game. The DBacks lost----again. We laughed and agreed, the Diamondbacks can't pitch and they can't hit.

For dinner Charlotte served up some of the best pancakes I have ever had along with bacon and coffee.

As I pulled the covers up under my chin I thanked God for many things.

This was a good day. It's been a good summer.

God is always good!

0 comments: