HOLY, HOLY, HOLY IS THE LORD ALMIGHTY!

Friday, September 25, 2015



When I assemble with Christians for worship I long for and expect to feel something. That something I felt when I first gave my life to Christ. I don't know what to call it. Maybe passion. Maybe a great joy that comes from feeling bathed in the grace of God.

I want to feel Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty! Not holy moly.

I don't want to struggle with slapping my hands together in time with the worship leader.

I want to be moved with passion to sing praises to God.

To feel tears of joy in the corner of my eyes as I remember the grace of God.

I want to encourage and be encouraged by others like we are reminded to do in Hebrews 10.

Isaiah 6 says, In a great chorus they sang, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty! The whole earth is filled with his glory!"

Yes, I know it was mighty seraphim, each with six wings who sang like that. And I know it was because they saw the Lord sitting on a throne. And I know I'm not a mighty seraphim---not even close. And I know I couldn't stand to look upon the Lord. I know. I know.

But worship leaders have moved me many times by leading with passion and with deep reverence  and respect for the Holy things of God.

Secular sounding music and jazzed up tunes will never move me to HOLY-----just HOLY MOLY, what's happening?






0 comments: