HOW TO HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD

Monday, September 18, 2017


WHISPER
How to Hear the Voice of God
By Mark Batterson

OVERVIEW: Mark Batterson believes that God still speaks and he's asking if you know how to hear His voice. In this book, Whisper Mark writes that God is actively speaking through: Scripture, Desires, Doors, Dreams, People, Promptings, and Pain. Batterson gives you the tools you need to unlock each of these languages. By learning to tune in to and decipher each language, you'll be able to hear His guidance in simple as well as life-altering choices. God's whisper can answer your most burning questions, calm your deepest fears, and fulfill your loftiest dreams.

AUTHOR: Mark Batterson is the New York Times best-selling author of more than a dozen books. He is the lead pastor of National Community Church, one of the most innovative and influential churches in America. One church with eight campuses, NCC also owns and operates Ebenezers Coffeehouse, the Miracle Theatre, and the DC Dream Center. Mark holds a doctor of ministry degree from Regent University.

MY REVIEW: He's done it again! Whisper is now one of my favorite books, replacing In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day at the top. Mark Batterson knows how to keep your attention. This book, like all his others is a book that is hard to put down.

Many people have a tough time believing God still speaks. I have struggled with this. But I find little in Batterson's book to disagree with. I'm still rethinking and going over in my mind some of his examples of persons hearing God's voice. I'm not saying they did or did not. I'm thinking and praying about it and always going back to Scripture. My advice is that you do the same. I think Batterson would encourage that.

I recommend this as a book that needs to be read by every sincere Christian wanting to hear the "voice" of God.

(I received this book from Blogging For Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.)

0 comments: