Out With The Old, In With The New

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year’s Eve wasn’t all that exciting around our house. We did a little shopping at Kierland Commons in the morning. (If you haven’t been to this exciting shopping experience in Scottsdale, you should go someday). I guess I like it because it is laid out like our “old” towns back home were). We stopped by Blockbuster and picked up the DVD of Ray. This movie was big in 2005 so we wanted to see it before the year was gone. We watched it last night and then before toddling off to bed around 11:00, I couldn’t pass up watching a few minutes of You’ve Got Mail (one of my favorite movies) on television. I woke up at midnight when the fireworks started going off. Charlotte was sound asleep and didn’t stir so we passed on the traditional kiss. (Hey, we kiss all the time. What’s so big about a New Year’s Eve kiss?)

Around 7:00 on New Year’s morning, Charlotte rolled over in bed and said, “Happy New Year!” I grunted and went back to sleep until 7:50. This is very unusual for me. I am usually up by 6:00. Up, I said, not going! It’s a good thing we were not having our 8:10 Bible Class, we wouldn’t have made it. We went to the morning assembly and then we ate lunch at Picazzo’s Pizza place. I watched the Cardinals lose another game (which they almost won) and I couldn’t pass up watching the end of You’ve Got Mail again. (Is that movie on all the time?). Carol came over for a few minutes in the afternoon. It’s always a big day for us when one or both of our kids drop by. I went outside and looked at the Christmas lights on the house. I think that if I study the situation it will be easier to put them up next year. I am going to take them down tomorrow and put them away for another year. It’s late in the afternoon now. It will soon be time for dinner. We are having meatloaf tonight. That’s always a winner for the Ditmores and makes for a big day. Ok, I said it wasn’t all that exciting around here.

0 comments: