NEVER SAY “NO”

Friday, January 20, 2006

Don’t say “No” if you can keep from it.

Say “I’ll do all I can; I’ll look into it at once.”

This gives hope.

To say “No” flatly sounds harsh. “No” closes the matter. There’s no more promise.

When you delay in saying “No” to a request for a favor, something usually turns up that makes it possible for you to honor the request or to get around it.

When you politely stall, you avoid offending.

We are urged by many to “just say NO.” This is when we are dealing with moral things. The answer is always “No” when we are being asked to do wrong. What I am talking about is the day by day requests of friends, fellow workers, and loved ones.

Life is so darn hard that we need to hear “Yes” as often as possible. We don’t need to expect it for ourselves, but we can sound it out for others---“YES”!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, do you want to come over and help me with my yard work?

You don't have to answer right away. :)

Anonymous said...

later. . . after some further thought on the subject. OK, I guess I missed the point.

"We don't need to expect it for ourselves."