Valentine's Day

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I first met my wife, Charlotte when we were both in our early teens. We met in Oklahoma when she was visiting from California. Years later, when we were in our early twenties, we were married in California. In July we will have been married 48 years. Those 48 years are filled with wonderful memories. I look forward to many more years together but common sense and the "law of averages" says there can't be too many. Today is Valentine's Day. So far, it has just been "another day." She gave me a card at breakfast that she had made especially for me. She makes great cards! I gave her a gift. I then went to have my teeth cleaned. I think the dental hygienist was especially rough on me today because it was Valentine's Day. I started to ask her if her husband forgot it was Valentine's day or something, but decided I had better not. I have to go back in a few months! I then went to our daughter's house and waited for a plumber to install a new water heater. That task took over two hours. This evening we are going out to dinner. We will waddle home full, happy, glad to be together and thank God for 48 years. We are grateful for each other and for the love that we have for one another. MOST OF ALL, WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THE DAILY LOVE OF GOD! THAT LOVE IS THERE FOR YOU TOO. DON'T EVER FORGET IT!

0 comments: