HUMOR

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tim Hansel is one of my favorite writers. The following is from his book, “Keep on Dancin’---Daily Readings to Celebrate Life.”

One day I asked a friend what she thought the five most important ingredients were to being a quality human being. After a long and thoughtful pause, she said, “Humor, love responsibility, courage, and humor.” I tried to point out that she had already said humor, but she informed me that she meant exactly what she had said. Humor has the unshakable ability to break life up into little pieces and make it livable. Laughter adds richness, texture, and color to otherwise ordinary days. It is a gift, a choice, a discipline, and an art. I enjoy laughing. I believe that laughter is a sacred sound to our God. I also believe that it has an incredible capacity to heal our bodies, our minds, and our spirits.

“Father, thank You for the sacred, healing sound of laughter.” Tim Hansel.

“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.” Job 8:21

0 comments: