JUDGES WHO NEED TO BE HUNG

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Whatever happened to the “hanging judges”?

Died out with the old west???

I guess today there is a “new” West forming around Brokeback Mountain.

No, I don’t really want “hanging judges” and I don’t really think judges need to be hung.

I don’t hate judges or anybody else. But let me tell you, I have some strong feelings just short of hate. Not all judges---just many. I worked with a great judge in Phoenix when I served on a Grand Jury. A dear friend I went to High School and College with is now a judge. When he was a minister in New Mexico I preached in two week long evangelistic meetings at his church. He is a great judge. But many judges are driving me nuts!

Almost every day, and if not every day, at least every week, I hear of another judge that has made a stupid, ignorant, sinful decision. Most of the time the decisions are so far out that one wonders how we allow them to get away with it. It just keeps on happening. Children get molested, sometimes for years, and the bum who committed the crime does not even serve one day in jail----not even one. Two boys were run over and killed by a drunk driver last week who was released from jail early from another drunk driving charge and the judge didn’t even give him one day in jail. WHY??? WHY???

The list is long of the crimes that go unpunished. I’m not sure I want punishment. I want these people put away where they can’t harm anybody ever again! I realize the problem is a difference in worldviews. However, at this point I don’t know what to do about it. I’m praying but it seems I should do more.

0 comments: