GOING WIRELESS

Friday, June 13, 2008

I didn’t blog yesterday because we were too busy setting up a wireless system for our computers. Our new computer will be downstairs so my wife will not have to climb the stairs to get to this one. Her computer is a Mac and it is the first one we have had. She is really excited.

I’m just excited about computers period. Isn’t it absolutely amazing the things computers can do? My first experience with computers was years ago when I was preaching in California. The thing was so big we took a classroom and turned it into a computer room. The computer was about the size of a small kitchen cabinet.

Look at them today! Wow! I am constantly amazed at how fast they go out of style and new ones come on the market doing all kinds of new things. Is there no end to it?

I was very slow in coming around to using a computer. I loved my typewriter. The office staff was way ahead of me. They made fun of me behind my back and in even in front of me until I finally surrendered and agreed to let them show me how to turn the computer on.

Look out! I have never looked back. (Well maybe I looked back a few times when I had a bad computer day).

1 comments:

Down on the Farm said...

When my IBM EXEC. husband first was working for IBM he took me to the site in San Jose, Silicone Valley. That was around 196?, maybe 1963????? The computers were HUGE, HUGE, HUGE. I can't even remember what to compare them with.