ON THE BEACH AT WAIKIKI

Saturday, June 07, 2008

It’s been a couple of weeks since I was on the beach at Waikiki but I’m still living in the memory of it. I love the ocean. I love the beach and almost everything that goes with it.
Yes, I live in the desert and it is totally unlike being on the beach. Maybe that’s why I appreciate the beach so much when I go there. Last year when it heated up here in the desert we spent a few days in the San Diego area at a resort on Coronado Island. It was great too. But being on the beach at Waikiki was absolutely wonderful!

My wife and I had been to Waikiki twenty-one years ago. But we didn’t enjoy it as much as we did this time. The first time we had limited funds and our motel was a block or so away from the beach. This time our children were paying the bills and we stayed right on the beach at what I consider the best hotel there. We just walked out right onto the beach.
We had two balconies for our room and we could look at the excitement going on down below in the city or out on the ocean and the beach. One day I counted over 50 surfers in just one area. They were exciting to watch.

Our daughter saw “Dog” the bounty hunter one day. I wanted to see him but I guess I was too busy counting the surfers.

0 comments: