SOCKS, SHORTS AND OTHER STUFF

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

There is a chest of drawers in our bedroom that we have had since the early days of our marriage. We have changed the furniture in other rooms of our house many times. But for some reason we have kept the bedroom furniture over the years.

Almost everything we have is considered “ours”. This one piece of furniture is mine. This is where I keep my socks, shorts (underwear) and other stuff. I am sorting through all this stuff because in a few days we will be getting rid of my piece of furniture to make room for her new computer, computer work desk, etc. You guessed it—I get to keep this old computer. My stuff will be transferred to her dresser.

In the process of doing all of this we have discovered that we both have a lot of stuff we never wear. Out it goes! I have kept underwear that hasn’t fit me for a year or two, socks without mates, and some I have never liked.

I will be happy to get rid of this stuff and to pass the good things on to somebody that needs and wants it. But I sure do hate to see that chest of drawers go. We have kinda grown close over the years. At least I feel that way.

1 comments:

Charlotte said...

I really feel bad about you losing the chest of drawers, but don't forget, I'm giving you over half of the dresser where I keep all my stuff. You're right. We both had a lot of stuff that needed to be discarded. I'm happy to get that done.
Love love love,
Charlotte