TIME CHANGES THINGS

Monday, January 08, 2007

As time goes by, things change:

This year I didn’t take our lights off the house and take down the tree until January 7. In past years I have done these tasks on December 26 and always by January 1 or 2.

Not only was I “late” in doing these jobs I did them on Sunday afternoon. In the past I would have considered it “wrong” to work on Sunday.

They have three evening services at the church we attend but they are all repeats of the morning message with a different preacher, so we don’t attend. They don’t even have an evening service at our last church home. In the past we wouldn’t have dreamed of missing the evening assembly.

This morning it’s almost 8:30 and I am still in my pajamas and robe. In the past I would have felt like a lazy, good for nothing if I hadn’t already showered, shaving and shined by this time.

I’m going to do some work around the house today but I may not start until after lunch. In the past I would have already tackled these jobs and had them done by now (8:30 A.M.).

It’s 2007 and we have found the solution to a lot of problems. I am trying to decide if I am a part of the problem or a part of the solution. How about you!

0 comments: