LOWER THE FRONT, RAISE THE BACK

Sunday, May 20, 2007

We got a new range for the kitchen yesterday. As always, appliances have to be adjusted.

The young man thought he had it. He gathered up his stuff and was ready to leave.

My wife said, “This stove is not level. It needs to be adjusted” He said, “Ok, let me run to the truck and get the level.” He was back in a flash and in a few seconds he thought his job was done. “No, it’s a little high in the front.” “No, you’re going the wrong way; it needs to be lowered in the front. Or maybe the back needs to be raised…”

At that point I decided to leave the area. I thought to myself, “You might as well let him do it. If not, you will be down there on your knees adjusting that thing after he is gone and he’s much younger than you are.”

As I left I thought to myself, “I wonder if he is married.”

0 comments: