THESE ARE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I agree with Ben Stein who said in a recent article, "Time goes by so amazingly, incredibly fast."

New Year's Day 2012! I turned around a few times and here it is the 12th day of 2012!

It was only "yesterday" that I was sitting in the first grade classroom at Emerson School in Lawton, Oklahoma.

Now here I am at age 77 sitting in my upstairs study in Scottsdale, Arizona. I'm sitting in front of a computer---something I had never even heard of or dreamed of back in the first grade.

I was born in the thirties, lived through the forties, fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties and have raced from 2000 to 2012. I'm tired!

But not exhausted!

I cherish the time I have left.

I adore my wife, my children and my friends. Many of my friends are gone and time is drawing to a close for several more. We all need to appreciate and enjoy our loved ones while we can.

Enjoy your days. They are slipping away--moment by moment.

I expect to shortly hear, "Dinner is ready dear." Charlotte's meatloaf. I love it. I will thoroughly enjoy it! 

These are the days my friends. Thank God for them.

1 comments:

Loren said...

Clif,

What a wonderful post! Such truth ~ Cherishing each & every day the Lord gives us with those we love because we just NEVER know. Just recently a 51 yr old Father left his house for a bike ride and was struck by a car (it was a hit and run) and was killed. He went to school with Brian. Sooo very very sad.

I am so thankful for all the years I have been given with Brian and Praise the Lord for him every single day!

So thankful for both of you and your friendship!!