CLIFTON'S CAFETERIA

Saturday, September 14, 2013


CAFETERIA (C) IN THE SERIES CLIF FROM A TO Z

No. I have never owned a cafeteria. I never have and never will. But I would like to.

There was a Clifton's Cafeteria in West Covina, California where we once lived. I have happy memories of eating there.

There may still be a few cafeterias around but I never see any.

I miss them!

Lubby's Cafeteria is the last one I remember eating at. The one we went to was located in the Paradise Valley Mall a few minutes from our home. I enjoyed eating there because you could select just the things you wanted. Of course you can do that at a buffet too but since they are billed as "all you can eat"---that's what I tend to do. Since I lack self-control, cafeterias are better for me.

Walking into a cafeteria I always smiled to see the dessert displayed so beautifully, the first thing in line.

I don't know why cafeterias went out. Maybe they will return some day. Maybe not.

There was a time when families gave Mother a break on Sunday and the whole family went to the cafeteria after church. Today many families don't go to church, to the cafeteria or any other place together.

Maybe cafeterias are still going strong in other parts of the country but not in the Southwest.

The longer I sit here the better "all you can eat" sounds. Maybe Hometown Buffett is not so bad after all.




0 comments: