OH BOY!

Wednesday, September 04, 2013


BOYS―B IN THE SERIES CLIF FROM A TO Z

Aren't boys grand?
Most boys I mean. Of course there are always exceptions.
There is the old saying, "Boys will be boys" usually referring to BIG boys acting like LITTLE boys.
And that's not always good, We expect men to act like men and boys to act like boys.
Boys are a gift from God. He made them and he doesn't make junk.
 
TREASURES
His overalls hung on the hook by his hat, and I noticed
his pockets were bulging out fat.
So I emptied them out in a pile on the chair, and I
tenderly touched ev'ry treasure with care;

There were three rubber bands, a parking lot ticket,
Two paper clips and a fishing cricket,
A camphor ball and an empty match box,
A half dozen nails and a couple of rocks,
A yellow golf tee, two lollypop sticks,
A marble, a spool and three tooth picks,
A knife and a pencil, some dry corn silk,
A wire and a cap from a bottle of milk,
A rusty door key and a white chicken feather,
An old clock gear and a piece of leather,
A flash-light bulb and three or four strings,
A broken dog biscuit and two hair springs.

Then I gathered them up, all his "treasures" so grand―ev'ry rock, ev'ry nail and each rubber band,
And I put them all back, than I kissed him good-night,
and he smiled in his sleep as I turned out the light.
And I thrilled as I thought of the fun and the joy such trivial things could give to a boy.
                                                                  Author Unknown

                                            

0 comments: