INS AND OUTS, UPS AND DOWNS

Saturday, November 04, 2006

SCALES – Don’t even own them unless you plan to use them. I weigh every day. Today I didn’t like what the scales “said.” Tomorrow, I begin a brief diet. I will cut back on my eating until I like what the scales “say.”

BIG BREAKFAST – I said, “Tomorrow I begin a brief diet”—not today. This morning we went out to the Deer Valley Airport restaurant and I ate the breakfast buffet—well I didn’t eat the whole buffet, just most of it. I had biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, and fruit. It’s almost 2:00 p.m. and I haven’t eaten since breakfast. I’m still not hungry. Tomorrow I begin a brief diet.

FREEWAY FOUL UP – After that great breakfast I was in a great mood. We were cruising down 101 smiling all the way until we came to the off ramp for those cars headed for Los Angeles. IT WAS CLOSED! No big problem, we will just cross over the freeway onto 10, go to the next off ramp and come back on 10 headed for Los Angeles. When we got headed back west and out of town toward L.A. the freeway was closed and we were sent back onto 101 and heading back toward home. Have you ever heard the old expression, “That’s enough to make a preacher cuss”? Well, I didn’t cuss but I thought about it (which may be just as bad). I thought a lot of nasty stuff. However, it didn’t come out of my mouth and mess up Charlotte’s spirit. We got back off 10l onto a side street and finally ended up at our destination. We weren’t going to Los Angeles, it just seemed like it. We were just going way out west.

THE CRAFT FAIR AT THE WIGWAM RESORT – Man, this is a great craft fair. Great, if you like craft fairs, horrible if you don’t. There were over 300 vendors with a lot of beautiful and interesting “stuff.” The winding pathways, the green grass, the shade and the cleanliness of the place made for a great morning. I had a big breakfast and couldn’t eat a bite but the food booths were offering great food. They had everything from bar-b-qued turkey legs (which I hate) to fry bread (which I love) to huge snow cones (which I love) to homemade fudge. I didn’t eat a thing! I had a serendipity experience at this fair. Some organization was having a book sale. I found and bought seven great books. Made my day.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL – The game I am interested in is only on the radio today. So I will listen to it and take a nap at the same time. Of course, I will not be listening while I am napping, but since there will not be any pictures to watch I will doze off. I know. I have done it before.

Selah

0 comments: