HELP FROM CHARLIE BROWN

Monday, October 29, 2007

Once upon a time, 1970, in a busy, Southern California city, West Covina, there lived a young boy named Charlie Brown. Charlie was an active member of the youth group at the South Hills Church of Christ where I preached. When I made the decision to move from West Covina, Charlie and the other young people at the church gave me a little party. They gave me gifts that over the years have been eaten, read and passed on, put away and forgotten or given away. ONE gift I have kept for these many years was the gift from Charlie. It is special because: 1. He made it for me. 2. He wanted to help. He wrote: “For When Your Feeling Low.” It should have read “you’re” instead of “your” but that little mistake endears it even more. 3. It really works! THANKS CHARLIE!

0 comments: